Got some questions? You may find some of the answers here!
1. What kinds of stuff do you sell in your store?
- These are what we’ve ordered for customers so far:
- art books
- stuffed toys
- action figures
- DVD’s & blu-ray
- collectible cards
- other anime & manga merchandise
- non-anime & non-manga-related items (such as textbooks, shoes, calculators, chess sets, plaques among others)
- We’re not limited to ordering just these items. As long as they’re obtainable and nothing illegal. =D
2. Can I reserve a book that you have on hand?
- Yes, but for in-stock items, we’ll need full payment. If you have pending orders with us, we may or may not ask for down payment depending on the book. We can then ship it out to you together with your US orders when they arrive.
3. How do I make an order from the US?
- Please contact us about the item/s you’d like to order. Once we receive your inquiry, please give us 48-72 hours to get back to you with the prices.
- If you’d like to push through with ordering after knowing the prices, a 50% of the total as down payment is required before your order is confirmed. We will send an acknowledgement receipt to your e-mail.
- Down payments can be made via one of our payment methods. Please contact us once you’ve sent it. After we receive the down payment, we’ll place your order with our supplier. Orders from the US take the most time to arrive – 2 to 3 months. Or more. (^^;)v
- We’ll update you regarding the status of your order via e-mail. But there are times when we are not able to do it as often. If this happens, please don’t hesitate to remind us to remind you. ^^v
- When your order arrives in Manila, we’ll inform you with the breakdown of your remaining balance. Confirmed orders are considered sold, and we’re afraid we can’t cancel them in most cases.
4. How do I make an order from Japan and other countries?
- Please contact us about the item/s you’d like to order. Once we receive your inquiry, please give us 48-72 days to get back to you with the prices.
- If you’d like to push through with ordering after knowing the prices, a 50% of the total as down payment is required before your order is confirmed if it goes through our forwarder, and 100% of total if we buy it from an online store that ships internationally. We will send the breakdown of the amount to your e-mail.
- If your order will go through our forwarder, we’ll need your balance to be settled before the forwarder delivers your package to your address.
- If you prefer not to pick up your order at the post office, we can have it shipped to Zamboanga and then to you, door-to-door. But we’ll need the remaining 50% of your payment prior to sending the package to your preferred address.
- Payments can be made via one of our payment methods. Please contact us once you’ve sent it. After we receive the down payment, we’ll then place your order.
- Transit time differs depending on the shipping method. This is the estimated transit time for each:
- DHL – about 1 week
- EMS – 1-2 weeks
- AIR MAIL or E-PACKET – 2-4 weeks
- SAL – 4-5 weeks
- We’ll update you regarding the status of your order via e-mail or through Facebook. Or you can also write us regularly to ask for an update.
- Confirmed orders are considered sold, and we’re afraid we can’t cancel them in most cases.
5. Can I cancel my order, return the item or get a refund?
- If you cancel an order, we will give a refund (minus charges like bank transfer fees, etc) only if we still haven’t placed your order to our supplier.
- If you cancel your order after we’ve already ordered your item/s from the supplier, then your down payment will be non-refundable.
- If the item you ordered suddenly becomes unavailable, or if there are circumstances that lead to us not being able to supply you with your desired item, then we’ll give you a full refund and shoulder whatever charges that will be incurred.
6. Do you do meet-ups?
- We can do meet ups at Glorietta, Megamall, Shangri-la Plaza, Trinoma and Rockwell (on Sundays).
- Pick-ups can also be done at our place. Feel free to message us privately for more details.
- Please contact us for more details. (^_^)
7. How much do you charge for delivery?
- We charge between P160 to P370 depending on the destination, courier, and quantity.
- There are some cases, though, that shipping cost will be higher due to size, or your address being non-serviceable, etc. We’ll inform you if this happens.
- We use various couriers to send items. However, the courier used will be in our discretion, because some areas have more expensive rates with one courier or the other.
8. Do you ship overseas?
- We do ship outside the Philippines via registered mail. Please contact us for the rates, and please provide the following information:
- Your address (don’t forget to include your country and zip code!)
- The items you want to order
9. What are your payment methods?
- We accept the following:
- Palawan Express
- For customers in Metro Manila, we strongly urge you to make payments through bank deposit to avoid incurring any charges.
- For customers outside Metro Manila, please note that bank deposits through some banks may incur charges.
- Please do NOT make payments through Cebuana and MLhuillier as we will be unable to claim payments there. We’re truly sorry for the trouble. >.<
- Unfortunately, the rest of the payment methods have charges. =(
10. What does 'Special Order' mean?
- ‘Special Order’ is for products that we currently don’t have in stock. They may be items we have sold in the past, are selling currently, or have plans to sell in the future. You can contact us so we can check the arrival dates, or if we could still be able to acquire them for you.
11. Do you offer discounts?
- Absolutely! Most of our products are at least P20 to P90 off each.
- For bulk orders of regular-priced items, we give discounts. Feel free to get in touch with us for details. ^^
12. What if I can't find what I'm looking for?
- No worries! If we don’t have the manga you want in stock, we could order them for you! But please be warned: orders take a long time to arrive. It usually takes 3-4 months because we try to accumulate orders as much as we can before sending shipments to the Philippines. So if you think the arrival of the books is too long for you, better think twice before ordering! =p
13. Are the selections in English?
- Most of them are. As we cater to an international market, we have included labels like, “(Japanese),” “(Korean),” “(Chinese),” “(French),” “(German),” among others, at the end of the title of a non-English selection.
14. Why are some books not sealed?
- Books with adult, mature, R-18, or sexual content are shrink-wrapped. The rest may or not be sealed.
15. Are your books licensed or official?
- Always. Eiwa Manga Store was established at a time when there’s no existence nor mention of anything unofficial or unlicensed. Everything you will find here is licensed, official, and legal.